Thursday, July 12, 2012

Glorious Transmissions of Freedom

We Hold these Truths to be self evident
That nobody wants to hear the opener
And the elevator is only for the National Acts......

The Year that I turned 13
I had this lick stuck in my head
I hid that transistor radio
Underneath a pillow of evaporating innocence
Saved up all my money cutting grass
And bought a sunburst Telecaster
Practiced Practiced Practiced
And never got any faster
Still i kept pushin pushin
Hung dead rockstars on my corked wall
And drowned my insecurities
In nicotine and alcohol
I bought sheet music by the pound
But it never held the answers
I couldn't find the formula
To get my band to play for
The Solid Gold Dancers
I was stung burned and branded
By sounds that were alien
To ears that were not open to receive
The glorious transmissions of Freedom
That three chords
And a Guttural Howl could produce
I was gone baby
And there was no going back


No comments:

Post a Comment